Thursday 14 March 2013

Art in the Cotwolds 2-Ellie David: Miscellaneous Styles

Kaleidoscope
Ellie David creates completely original art in the Cotswolds...

Ellie David











Ellie is a Cirencester based artist who’s inspirations include Pop Art by the likes of Andy Warhol. Displaying her art at Ann’s Pantry in the Market Place of Cirencester, Ellie has had a long affinity with art. “I used to just do random doodles for my family, and once my uncle told me I was better than my sister… but I didn’t realise art was my passion until secondary school.” Drawing was a cathartic pastime for the young Ellie, who found it let her take her mind off everyday ups and downs.

Continued Below

Surreal

Decorative
It wasn’t however for personal reasons that Ellie finds art so compelling, “Realising that what I have made can brighten up someone else’s day is most rewarding.”
As an artist, the mood she is in can determine how she does her work. “I don’t always know when a piece is finished… I can get to a point where I think if I do anymore, I could ruin the piece, whilst sometimes it’s already too late.”
To see more of Ellie’s work, just pop into Ann’s Pantry CafĂ© where she also works. Who knows, perhaps you could get the guided tour. Bear in mind that not everything Ellie is capable of is on display, with that, if you like something show in this article perhaps Ellie could make you a replica or something bespoke but stylistically similar. To send Ellie and e-mail about her work, you can connect with here or on facebook:
elliephant24@mail.com
Montage
Ann's Pantry can be found at 25 Market Place, Cirencester, GL7 2NX and its online presence here:

No comments:

Post a Comment